Surgery for the "little guy"
Kaleb had surgery this last friday down at primary childrens. The whole story started when he was about 2 months old and the Dr. wanted to "cath" kaleb for his jaundice. The Dr. found that the catheter wouldn't go past about 2 inches so he sent me down to a Dr. at primary childrens. Dr Wallis at PCMC took one look at kaleb and said "yep you will probably want to have surgery to correct this". Whats this? Well the last time I went to kaleb's Ped Dr. I noticed that kaleb had another hole on his "little guy". Dr. Wallis stated that he was urinating out of both wholes and that the lower one would have to be closed up. The night before the surgery we were really nervous not only for the surgery but how do you tell a 8 month old he can't have anything to eat. It actually turned out really well because they let me breastfeed him up to 4 hours before the surgery. I was really grateful that I was still nursing him because they wont let you give them formula after 12am. Anyway we got down to PCMC and there were tonz of kids having surgery and after finding out what some of them were having down kalebs was a 'piece of cake'. When they took kaleb away I thought it would be the hardest thing ever but kaleb didn't care he just went with the DR. I also new in my heart that nothing would go wrong I had a good feeling that he would be just fine. Kaleb's surgery took 2 hours and everything went great and he is now home and is the same little happy man he was before surgery. Man I wish I could bounce back as quickly after surgery as he did. Below are some pictures before and after the surgery.
Before Surgery in his hospital gown
Mommy holding Kaleb in the recovery room

Kaleb waking up for the first time
Kaleb giving his first half-smile after surgery
Going home at 1130am after being at PCMC since 6am
Kaleb at home that night with his teddy and baba!














.gif)




5 comments:
We're so glad the surgery went well. It's sad to hear when loved ones have to go through these kind of things. Your family is in our prayers. Sending you love,
Karen and Jon
I'm glad everything went well! Piece of cake or not, it's always scary when something is wrong with your child. So I'm glad he's okay. What a little cutie. Hope everything continues to go well!
at least your little man is doing fine!! he doesn't deserve to be in pain, cause he's such a great baby. way to be there mom and dad!
What a brave little guy - I know it's probably best when they are babies and don't really understand, but it's still so scary since when they are so little! So glad to hear that everything is okay with him - what a trooper!
I LOVE the picture of Kaleb holding his teddy bear. So sweet! I am so sorry he had to go through it, but we are glad he is ok. Man he is such a cutie!
Post a Comment